Version 1.4 Mon Sep 08 17:24:21 EST 2014
- Bug Fixes
- I stopped using the saved[3,4] cvars for game mode and options because they don't get reset
each time they're used like levels and console commands.
- Fixed a potential crash with the houngan rune.
- Provided a workaround for a bug that prevented you from respawning while holding the phoenix rune.
Thanks to Mr. Happy (qw) and Cobalt (poq) for reporting the bug.
- Fixed the trace damage of the lightning gun so that it starts at the gun and not at the waist.
- Drop hook during intermission fix for Cobalt.
- Logic fix for 'setafk' console command.
- BFG warm-up during intermission fix from Cobalt.
- I halved the weight of a 'no' vote so that it now takes 2 'no' votes to cancel a 'yes' vote.
- Pet zombies can no longer be frozen.
- Prevent a shambler or zombie from burning, freezing, etc., when its owner drops the rune
or leaves the server.
- Removed the temp1 bit setting to prevent vote-hook. Use votehookon/votehookoff instead
from the console or startlevel.cfg.
- You can no longer change hook type with temp1 bit setting. Instead, use hookon, lithhookon,
or hookoff from the console or in startlevel.cfg.
- Added gib to head in head hunters mode when head has timed out. Also randomized
its timeout at the altar.
- Added a new vote option: vote-powerup-hats.
- Prevent voting for shootable buttons on levels without them.
- Replaced reflective rockets with guided missile. [requires manquake]
- Prevent exiting level until round is over and next opponent selected in rocket arena mode.
Version 1.3.79 Tue May 07 15:15:08 EST 2013
- Rune Quake Source Code
- Rune Quake source code is now on github: https://github.com/slotzero/runequake
- ManQuake Source Code
- ManQuake Dedicated Server, a modified version of ProQuake that I use for my server, is now available
on github: https://github.com/slotzero/manquake
- The show-riders command tells you the status number of the ridee whichs helps
- All admin actions are logged to console.
- Allow queued observers to vote in arena mode.
- Implemnted engine side banning. [requires manquake]
Version 1.3.72 Tue Feb 08 04:18:16 EST 2011
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed some rune oddities in modes where runes generally aren't used.
- Tweaked the vampire rune to prevent excessive frag build-ups.
- Noticable specifically on DM5, when you jump up to the pent you would get stuck if you
tried to jump up too close to the opening in the wall. [FIXED]
- Fixed depreacted usage of the tail command in Makefile.
- Added 'setafk' as console command using 'skill' to set minutes.
- Added 'maxrunes' to the list of console commands. Works just like setafk except the value
is between 1-63. The temp1 bits are still the same and work in conjunction with this.
- If you explicitly deny custom or standard maps you will not be allowed to vote
for them without using the NOEXIT_VOTE_ALL_MAPS.
- Added new command vote-shoot-buttons to toggle shootable buttons.
- Map names length changed from 8 to 12.
- You can now vote for options while in the queue in match mode, except during a match.
Version 1.3.61 Sun May 03 00:46:44 EST 2009
- Bug Fixes
- When riding a player who disconnects during intermission and you are
in fast/high track mode, you lose your ridee. [FIXED]
- Joining the game as observer while in lava or slime would cause damage
when you joined the game. [FIXED]
- The custom maps code sends the aliases for small, medium, and large at
different intervals to prevent both client crashing and console
overflow. This now increases the total number of maps to 197 for normal
Quake/ProQuake servers, and 297 for my modified engine.
- Prevented vote-team in match mode.
- WEAPON_CHARGED_OFFSET in settings.qc wasn't referenced to anything but
works now. Use VEC_ORIGIN ('0 0 0') for no weapons up.]
- Fixed a rare bug with weirdness rune and shamblers that caused
the server to crash.
- All teams are removed when match is aborted in match mode.
- Mode switch voting wasn't working properly in Quakeworld.
- Vote commands now work in Dark Places.
- Added head hunters mode (vote-heads). This mode is based off of the mod
Head Hunters. It's still in the development stage because I need more
people to play it and give me feedback.
- Type help-"deathmatch, teamplay, noexit, temp1, or scratch1" in the server
console to get a list of the various options available and whether they're on or off.
- Typing "commands" in the server console displays every available server command.
- Mod officially supports in-game banning without any server-side modifications.
- Improved the tornado rune trajectory.
- Added the command 'never' to always vote no. Use the command again
to toggle this feature when a vote is not in progress.
- Recently played levels require a greater vote percentage.
- Players are prevented from voting too ofen.
- Added new player commands: vote-rune-drop, vote-lg-discharge,
- Added new server commands: mode, modelock, modeunlock.
Version 1.3 Tue Jan 01 00:56:52 EST 2008
- Bug Fixes
- A shambler seeking retribution is no longer invincible while its owner has
- The /O2 command line option is no longer required to compile.
- The gas grenade wasn't hurting your opponent when the gas and the
player were in the same room.
- Added extra spawn spots for rocket arena maps with only one spawn.
- Match will timeout with more than 2 players in rocket arena or
- The mod no longer adjusts your field of view (FOV).
- Added new commands: faststart, help-options, killstats, lock, midair, stats,
unlock, vote-backpacks, vote-midair, vote-powerup-drop.
- Added a new mode called midair. The physics of the game are exactly like
the original, however, instead of having a timed match where only two players
fight, the mode switches opponents after each death, just like rocket arena.
- Server aim is disabled regardless of what sv_aim is set at.
- You can no longer bind the default keys via the menu; use bind-keys or
- The letters AFK are appended to your name in +showscores and GLQuake HUD
when you are idle for more than 5 minutes.
- Let players who disconnect during a match rejoin the game by pressing 2
or typing 'ready'.
Version 1.2 Sun Jul 02 17:15:27 EST 2006
- Bug Fixes
- The haste rune had no effect on lavagun. The flames now shoot straight
instead of fall to ground when yielding the haste rune.
- If you killed a player who activated divine wind during the last 0.5 seconds
of the countdown, he wouldn't explode.
- The cloak rune's sonar feature was detecting environmental protection
- If you tried to fire a rocket and toss a fire trap at the same time,
your rocket would explode when it made contact with the flame projectile.
- Picking up armor with requiem rune didn't extinguish you if you were on fire.
- Spawn shields are now protected from gravity wells.
- Added new commands: vote-armor-drop, help-match,
- Level restarts itself after 6 hours.
- Added autostats command to dump the output of the efficiency command every time
the level is over.
- Added pq_smoothcam support for proquake and compatible clients.
- ProQuake users scoreboard pings are now updated every second instead of every
- Added CRMod style match mode. Related commands: help-match, vote-match, ready,
notready, observer, and timeset.
- Athlete rune holder now runs 10% faster than everyone else.
Version 1.1 Mon Jul 25 08:51:26 EST 2005
- Bug Fixes
- The anti-pack rune wasn't switching to your best weapon when your current
weapon was an alternate weapon and had been removed.
- The switch rune bug which causes your head to permanently tilt has been fixed.
- I finally tracked down the bug that would cause players to stick together when
one of them was caught in ice/glue.
- Fixed vote-team yet again in Quakeworld.
- A hooking monk is now vulnerable to attacks as if he was walking.
- When I added a wider BFG Zap radius to Thor and Electric rune, I made a
a typo which prevented zapping under normal circumstances. This is fixed.
- In Quakeworld, when the level changes and team mode is on, you are no longer
killed for switching teams.
- When a player disconnects during intermission, the player entity now gets
- Vampire no longer rots twice as fast when picked up after rotting health.
- Potentially hazardous bug fixed with the hunk allocation code.
- All of the hunk specific commands (ex: last, level-time), now check to make sure
HUNK_CONTEXT_MAX exists before proceeding. This prevents massive dprint() messages
from appearing before it is set.
- Dropped clients no longer leave quad/pent hat behind.
- Practice mode wasn't displaying your attacker's health when killed.
- A major bug that originated in id's code was fixed pertaining to the lightning
gun. The bug allowed multiple shafts, which where invisible, to be present
on the level.
- Ice traps/blizzard no longer make jumping noises when frozen.
- Level voting no longer returns invalid impulse when enter key is bound.
- Using rcon